Teenager arrested on suspicion of six burglary offences in St Ives
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of six burglary offences in St Ives.
Police say that he has been bailed to return on August 19.
It comes as part of a county-wide crackdown to tackle burglary.
The force’s two burglary squads began the day rounding up seven outstanding suspects in Cambridge, Ely, St Ives and Peterborough on July 22.
They also hosted a live Q&A on Facebook for homeowners across Cambridgeshire as part of the campaign.
The event, which has had more than 13,000 views, gave residents the opportunity to capitalise on the expertise of crime reduction officers and get the best tips on how to keep their homes secure.
Detective Inspector Mark Barker, who runs the southern burglary team, said: “Wednesday’s activity has meant several investigations have now been significantly progressed, with some now heading to court in the not too distant future.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 9 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 10 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
“Tackling burglary remains a priority for the force and I would like to reassure the public that our officers work around the clock to identify those responsible and put them before the courts.”
For online burglary prevention advice visit https://bit.ly/2CWcsOD