Police are appealing for information following fatal collision in Longstanton
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information following a fatal collision in Longstanton on Saturday evening (April 23).
Dishant Patel, 25, of Collingwood Drive in Longstanton, was travelling along the B1050, from the A14 at Bar Hill, in a black BMW Alpina at about 9.25pm when the collision happened.
It is believed the vehicle entered a right-hand bend and lost control, causing it to leave the carriageway and roll into a nearby field.
Emergency services attended and Mr Patel was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where sadly he later died from his injuries.
The driver and front seat passenger, both men in their 20s, suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the collision is asked to contact the collision investigation unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse