Police appealing for information after arson in Great Paxton
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire police are appealing for information following an arson in Great Paxton on Monday morning.
The blaze started after someone had set fire to a vehicle on a driveway, in Bishops Way, at around 1:40am.
DC Neil Patrick said: “It is believed this was a deliberate act which could have had fatal consequences. The fire quickly spread and set fire to a second car which was on the same driveway, destroying both cars as a result, as well as substantial fire and smoke damage to the front of the victims’ house.
“I am appealing to anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity or unfamiliar people in vehicles in the area around the time of the incident. Please
“A black Volkswagen was seen in the area around the time of the fire, therefore I would like to speak with anyone who saw this vehicle or are able to help us identify the owner, to get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting CF0198630418 or call 101.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester