Police appeal for witnesses after lorry driver is killed in A14 smash
- Credit: Archant
Police are seeking witnesses to a fatal collision on the A14 on Monday.
A man in his 50s died after the lorry he was driving was in collision with another lorry, shortly before 4pm.
The collision happened on the eastbound carriage way of the A14 between Alconbury and Spitalls interchange.
A total of four vehicles were involved in the incident: two DAF HGVs and two cars; a Volkswagen Golf and a Vauxhall Corsa.
The driver of the other HGV was uninjured. The driver and passenger of one of the cars suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police are currently trying to contact the next of kin of the deceased driver, who was from Yorkshire.
Anyone with information should call PC James Thorne in the road policing unit on 101.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Police are particularly keen to hear from anyone with dash-camera footage to make contact.