Police appeal for witnesses after car hit house in St Neots street and drove off at speed
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a car crashed into a house in St Neots and the driver left the scene without stopping.
The blue Mercedes car hit the house in Berkley Street, Eynesbury, at about 5.15pm on Thursday and eyewitnesses have told The Hunts Post it drove away at speed.
“The bonnet flipped up and over the windscreen, but it continued to drive on recklessly, it was like something out of movie. There are still bits of the Mercedes and oil on the ground,” said a bystander who asked not to be identified.
Unconfirmed reports suggest the occupants of the vehicle were involved in an altercation in Potton Road some time later that evening.
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting CC-22062017-0463 or visit www.contactcambspolice.uk/Report/.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 9 Hearings on A428 upgrade are set to resume
- 10 St Ives cocaine dealer is jailed