Police appeal for information following St Neots robbery
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information following a robbery at Station Road, St. Neots at around 7.30pm on Wednesday, 30 May.
The victim, a male in 40s, saw a group of 8 – 10 males, aged around 16, causing damage to a building.
He decided to intervene and was attacked by at least two of the males within the group.
The victim suffered minor injuries to his face and his mobile phone was stolen during the attack.
DC James Howard said: “This is an unacceptable attack on a man trying to do the right thing for his community. I would urge those who were present when this happened to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“I am keen to speak with anyone who was in the Station Road & Cambridge Road areas of St. Neots at the time of the attack that may have seen a group of teenage males being chased by an older man.
“I am aware that there were ‘runners’ from local running clubs in the area and I am particularly keen to speak to anyone that may have witnessed what they perhaps thought at the time was just a fight.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
Anyone with information should contact police by calling 101 and quoting Crime Reference: 35/2050/18. Alternatively, call crime stoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.