Police release CCTV after St Neots knifepoint robbery
- Credit: Archant
Police are now appealing for information following the incident.
Police have released CCTV images of the moment a man robbed a St Neots shop at knifepoint.
Officers were called at just after 10.30pm on Tuesday (February 18) to reports of a man, armed with a knife, entering Tesco petrol station in Barford Road with his face covered.
Cashiers told officers the man approached them and demanded cash.
He fled the scene after staff handed over £790.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Dave Savill said: "This was an extremely distressing incident for those working at the time.
"I'm urging anybody who recognises the clothing the man is wearing, or anybody who was in the area at the time and saw something suspicious, to contact us as a matter of urgency."
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
Anyone who recognises the man or has any information regarding the incident should call police on 101 quoting 35/12528/20 or contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.