Police appeal for information following Abbotsley crash
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
If you have any information about the Abbotsley crash contact Cambridgeshire Police.
Police are appealing for information following a serious collision in Abbotsley yesterday (5 March).
At about 4.05pm, a red Volkswagen Golf was travelling along the B1046 from the direction of Great Gransden when it came off the road and entered a ditch.
Emergency services attended the scene.
The driver and sole occupant of the car, a 37-year-old man from Bedford, was taken to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge where he remains in critical condition.
The road was re-opened just before 10pm.
Anyone who witnessed what happened, or the events leading up to it, or who has dashcam footage, is asked to call police on 101 quoting incident 309 of the 5 March. Alternatively, you can report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.
- 1 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 2 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 3 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 4 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 5 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 6 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 7 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 8 Roman Crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 9 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 10 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment