Police appeal for information after cigarettes are stolen in St Neots
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police are appealing for witnesses after thousands of pounds of cigarettes were stolen from a shop in St Neots.
The offenders drove up to the front of Londis in Naseby Gardens at around 4.30am today (November 6) and used a crowbar to force their way into the store.
A spokesman from Cambridgeshire police said: “Once inside, the thieves forced open the cigarette cabinet and emptied the stock, believed to be worth around £4,000, into a black dustbin.”
The men were dressed in hooded tops, one with a light balaclava and the other with his faced covered.
“They drove off at speed in the direction of Whitehall Walk, St Neots.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers are urging anyone who saw the men or the vehicle driving off to call DC Diane Tomlinson on 101, or anonymously on Crimestoppers on 0800 55511.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'