Police appeal for information following a spate of criminal damage in St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after two men conducted a spate of criminal damage in St Ives on Saturday (January 21).
At around 1.30am the pair, both riding bicycles, were reported to have removed plant pots from a driveway in Needingworth Road and smashed them on the road.
Further damage was caused along the stretch of road to a Ford Fiesta and to the Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church.
At around 2am the duo were then seen to snap off several wing mirrors from cars parked in the nearby Darwood car park.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “They went over the old town bridge into London Road where further reports that the nearside wing mirror of a Mercedes and Toyota were smashed and damaged. It is believed the cyclists may have turned right into Hemingford.”
You may also want to watch:
The police have described the men as young, one with short fair hair and the other with darker brown hair.
Anyone who was in the area and may have seen something is asked to call police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home