Police appeal for information after car set on fire in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a car was set on fire in St Neots and say they are treating the incident on May 11 as arson.
Police are appealing for information after a car was set on fire in the early hours of May 11 in St Neots and are treating the incident as arson.
Residents of West Street and New Street heard loud popping noises coming from the parking area between 1am and 1.30am and discovered to a car ablaze close to their homes. The silver Volkswagen Passat that was parked behind a number of houses in New Street.
Fire investigators established that the fire started in the boot of the car and concluded that it was deliberate.
DC Karin Peters, of Cambridgeshie police, said: “Had the residents not heard the blaze the fire could easily have spread to the nearby houses and we could be dealing with a very different matter. I’m keen to speak with anyone who has any information at all, no matter how insignificant it may seem.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service