Plenty of fun and games at church fair
- Credit: Archant
The community of Little Paxton came together to enjoy a day of old fashioned entertainment.
A fair was held at St James’ Church on Saturday and saw families marvel in a host of activities including a pop-up team room, vintage vehicles and face painting.
Reverend Annette Reed said: “We were delighted with the turnout, it was a very hot day and we had a lot of families come to enjoy the things inside the church and the attractions in the church yard.
“We just love to offer the space to the community to allow them to come and enjoy themselves on a sunny afternoon.”
One of the most popular attractions was the stocks which had been made by villager Eric Young and helped cool down fair-goers in the sun as wet sponges were thrown at those brave enough to try.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a beer tent and a barbecue run by the village’s scouts and cubs,
The event raised £400 which will go towards the refurbishment of the church.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer