Plans for new Burger King drive-through restaurant in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
The expansion of St Neots continues apace with news this week that the town could soon have a new fast food restaurant.
A planning application, on behalf of design consultants Barton Wilmore, has been submitted to Huntingdonshire District Council to build a drive-through Burger King on the Great North Road in Eaton Socon, creating 30 new jobs.
The 0.102 hectare site is on undeveloped land, bounded by Alpha Drive to the north and KFC and Costa Coffee to the south, and includes the demolition of existing buildings.
The single-storey building will have an internal floorspace of 137.76, providing a seating area for 40-42 covers and car parking for 12 vehicles.
Access will be from Great North Road, using the current entrance to KFC and Costa Coffee, which will be widened and part of the car park will be reconfigured.
You may also want to watch:
The planning application shows several potential sites in the town were considered by the applicants when deciding on a location, including the Riverside Park.
The submission states: “The scheme has been designed to ensure that it will not impact negatively upon the character of the surrounding area.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
St Neots Town Council’s planning committee will discuss the application at a meeting tomorrow (Thursday).