Plans for Huntingdon retirement apartments on former builders merchant
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon residents are being given the opportunity to view and discuss plans for retirement apartments on the former Travis Perkins site.
Churchill Retirement Living is preparing a planning application for a “high quality, purpose built development” of about 51 privately-owned apartments on the corner of Ermine Street and Edison Bell Way.
The scheme will be made up of one and two bedroom apartments, exclusively for those aged 60 and above, with landscaped gardens, parking spaces for 17 cars, a communal owner’s lounge, a guest suite and a lodge manger’s office.
Residents who would like to comment and view the plans have been invited to on the company’s website by July 31.
For plans and a feedback form go to www.churchillretirement.co.uk/planning/live-consultations/proposed-site-huntingdon/
You may also want to watch:
The proposed plan follow those announced last year by retirement developer McCarthy & Stone for 26 one and two bedroom apartments on the former Territorial Inn pub, in Cromwell Walk.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess