PICTURE GALLERY: 10,000 attend Ramsey 1940s weekend
- Credit: Archant
THOUSANDS of vintage enthusiasts enjoyed two days of wartime entertainment at Ramsey 1940s weekend on August 17 and 18.
THOUSANDS of vintage enthusiasts enjoyed two days of wartime entertainment at Ramsey 1940s weekend on Saturday and Sunday.
More than 10,000 people descended on the old army camp site in Wood Lane to listen to vintage artists, admire classic vehicles and watch vintage-inspired dance troupes perform.
Other attractions included tank rides, stalls for vintage shoppers and a big band dance.
A commemoration service was also held on Sunday to remember all those who have lost their lives in world conflicts.
You may also want to watch:
Main event contact and stall co-ordinator Jayne Mann said: “The memorial service was beautiful. It’s the first time I have seen it in 11 years of the show. People really enjoyed the big band dance on Saturday night and they thoroughly enjoyed the tea dance.
“The tank rides and the flight simulator went down well, the food outlets all sold out and the camp site was full.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
Despite the huge turnout over the weekend, the rain did deter some visitors.
Ms Mann added: “I was a little bit disappointed with the numbers on Saturday, I think it was because the weather forecast was grim. It’s just a drop of rain - in this country you have to put your wellies and coat on or you’d never go to anything.
“However, the weather was absolutely beautiful on Sunday and we had over double Saturday’s numbers, it really was a bumper day.”