Petrol station shop targeted by arsonists
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to a petrol station shop in Spaldwick in the early hours of Saturday.
Firefighters from Kimbolton, Huntingdon, Sawtry and St Neots were called to a fire at a petrol station in High Street, Spaldwick, shortly before 4am.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “The main building was well alight and heavy smoke was issuing. The forecourt was not affected and fuel pumps were isolated.
“Twelve firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels and jets to extinguish the fire and positive pressure ventilation fans to clear smoke.”
The fire was extinguished by 7.25am.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation revealed that the cause of the fire was deliberate.
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told