Pet company offers £5,000 voucher reward to find missing St Neots dog
- Credit: Archant
A pet store is offering £5,000 worth of vouchers to help find a dog that escaped from his St Neots home more than a week ago.
Bobby, an 11-year-old Cocker Spaniel, got out of the front door of a home in Springbrook, Eynesbury, at about 6.30pm on Wednesday, December 3.
He was last seen at about midnight on the same day near to the SPAR grocery store on Cambridge Street, heading towards Longsands Road.
The information has been circulated on Facebook and posters have been put up to no avail. He has a collar with an identification disc and is also microchipped.
Now Pets Corner managing director Dean Richmond has stepped in to offer the £5,000 voucher reward after hearing about Bobby’s disappearance. This follows the company’s support of another lost dog search in Bedfordshire.
Jan Palmer, Bobby’s owner, said: “The last week has been terrible, I have barely slept and am completely heartbroken. We were about to move house and were all boxed up ready to go so we wonder if this upset him. Our move has since fallen through so we’re still in our old house but Bobby has not returned.
“He is such a loving dog, it’s just awful to think where he is right now and in what condition he is in. The weather over the last week has also turned incredibly cold and I can’t bear the thought of poor Bobby freezing cold and terrified, all by himself.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 5 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 6 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 7 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 8 The latest Readers' Photos sent to the Hunts Post this week
- 9 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 10 DJ Low Steppa flying in from Ibiza for Cambridgeshire music festival
“The support we’ve had since Bobby disappeared has been fantastic and this offer of a reward from Pets Corner is amazing and I cannot thank them enough, we just hope this helps us find Bobby so he’s home with us for Christmas.”
Mr Richmond added: “Several years ago I lost my dog. Although I only lost her for a matter of hours in the end, it was the worst six hours of my life. The thought that she was running around looking for me or had got into the wrong hands was indescribable. I cannot imagine what Jan is going through, having been apart from Bobby for a week now.
“I really hope this reward can help to try and track him down. I think people should be aware that Bobby may not look as the photos published anymore. He may be matted, dirty and dishevelled.”
INFORMATION: Call Jan on 07741 646922 or 07999473630. Alternatively, post on the Facebook page ‘Find Bobby the Cocker Spaniel’.