People’s Vote campaigners prepare for rally in London
- Credit: Archant
Campaigners from the Huntingdon and St Neots branch of the People’s Vote will be travelling to London on Saturday to take part in a rally.
Supporters of the campaign will be travelling by train from both Huntingdon and St Neots stations to join the Together for the Final Say march.
The House of Commons is expected to be sitting for an emergency session on the same day as the march, as MPs prepare to mull over the result of negotiations between EU and UK Government officials.
Group member, James Catmur said: "For more than three years, hard-working activists and campaigners here in Huntingdonshire and across the UK have been running street stalls, delivering leaflets, and making the case for a People's Vote to settle the Brexit issue once and for all. Now we are coming together in London to demand our voices are heard.
"Boris Johnson needs to hear loud and clear he must seek our consent before he inflicts his damaging Brexit on our country.
You may also want to watch:
"The march will be a huge democratic moment for our country as we say loud and clear that, whatever you think about Brexit, the only clear way out of this mess is to give the people the final say."
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives