People arrested in connection with Andrew Bedford murder are re-bailed
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested on suspicion of murdering Huntingdon’s Andrew Bedford has been re-bailed by police.
Officers arrested and questioned the 56-year-old man, from Southampton, in January, in connection with Mr Bedford’s killing.
Seven other people were also arrested in connection with the cold case, codenamed Operation Ongar, which was re-launched on April 10 last year by the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire major crime unit.
The man has now been bailed to return to a Southampton police station on May 10.
The seven others, six men and a woman, were also re-bailed to the same date.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bedford was last seen on September 28, 1990, in Factory Bank, off Great Whyte, Ramsey, in a light blue Ford Cortina estate car eating some takeaway food, possibly fish and chips.
Detectives believe he was killed later that evening with a shotgun at a garage which no longer exists in Ramsey, called Mongrel Cars.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
In September last year, officers re-appealed for information on the 25th anniversary of Mr Bedford’s murder. The officers spoke to residents, handed out leaflets and put up posters across Ramsey in a fresh appeal for information.
In June last year, police announced they had discovered pieces of bone during a painstaking 13-day search on land off Stocking Fen Road, Ramsey.
Anyone with information should contact the major crime unit on 01480 422791, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
Those arrested were:
A 70-year-old man from Glatton, near Peterborough, on suspicion of assisting an offender and conspiracy to prevent lawful burial.
A 52-year-old man from the Raunds area in Northamptonshire on suspicion of assisting an offender and conspiracy to prevent lawful burial.
A 47-year-old man from Sheerness, Kent, on suspicion of assisting an offender and conspiracy to prevent lawful burial.
A 50-year-old man from the Ramsey area on suspicion of assisting an offender and conspiracy to prevent lawful burial.
A 43-year-old woman from the Peterborough area on suspicion of assisting an offender and conspiracy to prevent lawful burial.
A 45-year-old man from Letchworth, Hertfordshire, on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.
A 62-year-old man from Ramsey on suspicion of assisting an offender and conspiracy to prevent lawful burial.
A 56-year-old man from Southampton on suspicion of murder and conspiracy to prevent lawful burial.