Pensioner in serious condition after falling on electric heater in Huntingdonshire home

AN elderly man has been taken to a specialist burns unit in Essex after collapsing on an electric heater.

Paramedics were called to Brook Street, Elsworth, at 11.10am yesterday (Tuesday), and found the 85-year-old with thrid degree burns on one side of his body and had problems breathing.

He was taken by the East of England Air Ambulance to the specialist burns unit at Broomfield Hospital, in Chelmsford, Essex.

A spokesman for the air ambulance said: “The man collapsed on a ‘plug-in’ electric heater and we believe he rested on it for some time due to the severity of his burns.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter