Little Paxton community gearing up for Paxfest this weekend
- Credit: LITTLE PAXTON PARISH COUNCIL
The organisers of this summer's Paxfest held a stall on the St Neots Farmers' Market to promote the event.
Little Paxton Parish Council hosted a stall at market to promote its annual fete Paxfest & Fun Dog Show which will be held this weekend on July 10.
The parish council will be issuing free wrist bands for the event, on the village playing fields, to comply with Covid safety.
Wrist bands will also be available in Little Paxton until July 9 at two locations in the village: Boardman Close (opposite the bus shelter, outside The Parkway shops and The Hub car park from 8.45am to 9.45am and 3pm – 4pm.
Parish Council chairman, Kathy Bishop, said: "Paxfest & Fun Dog Show is a community event with live music, entertainment, lots of stalls and refreshments."
Parish clerk Jenny Gellatly added: The event times are miday until 4.45pm. The Fun Dog Show starts at 1pm and will have 16 classes including best six legs and quickest sausage catcher. Dog show registration is from midday."
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named