Jail for pair over £1.8million cannabis factory discovered in Warboys
- Credit: Archant
Two men who were caught growing cannabis worth an estimated £1.8 million on an industrial estate near Warboys have been jailed.
Paulin Prenga, 28, and Sajmir Basha, 29, were arrested when officers raided a unit at Warboys Airfield Industrial Estate on February 13.
When searching the site officers found more than 2,000 cannabis plants and living accommodation where the pair were staying.
Prenga and Basha, both of no fixed abode, admitted production of cannabis.
Yesterday (Thursday) at Peterborough Crown Court, Prenga was sentenced to two years in jail and Basha a year and eight months.
You may also want to watch:
DC Hannah Moore said: “This really was cannabis production on an industrial scale. The warrant happened largely thanks to information from the public; intelligence such as this is vital in our efforts to tackle the supply of drugs in the county.”
Information about drug dealing can be reported via www.cambs.police.uk/report or by calling 101.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'