First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- Credit: CCG
Three people at a GP Clinic in St Ives have become the first in the town to receive the Covid-19 vaccination.
Kumankant Kanani and George and Shirley Elsden received their vaccinations at the Grove Medical Practice in St Ives.
Kumankant Kanani was very excited to have his COVID-19 immunisation.
He said “it didn’t hurt at all” and he is looking forward to tell his friends he has had it.
Mr George Elsden and Mrs Shirley Elsden have been living in Hemingford Grey for over 60 years having moved there when they got married.
They were very happy they could both have their vaccine together.
- 1 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 2 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 3 Man with learning disability raises money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 4 Kings and Queens feature in Kimbolton's history
- 5 Charitable efforts in Kimbolton turn 'pain into positivity'
- 6 Outrage as racist graffiti is daubed on Huntingdon restaurant
- 7 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 8 From The Archives: A story of our relationship with pubs
- 9 Tribute to ‘inspirational ‘ teacher and family man Dan King
- 10 Village Focus: Brampton 'a fabulous village to live in'
Dr Emma Gayton, GP Partner at Grove Medical Practice and Clinical Director for St Ives Primary Care Network said “I have never been as proud of being a GP in St Ives as I was this weekend during our first Covid-19 vaccination clinic.
“Our patients were so happy to be vaccinated and braved the cold and rain, and sometimes dark conditions.
“Our staff and volunteers gave up their weekends to work in the clinic and managed to vaccinate hundreds of local people.”