Passer-by spots house on fire in Papworth

ELY-Fire-Engine-0040-1

- Credit: Archant

A passer-by spotted a house on fire in Papworth Everard on Friday night (October 25).

The person heard the smoke alarm and smelled burning while walking past the home in Ridgeway at about 6.20pm.

Firefighters from Papworth and Huntingdon extinguished the blaze, believed to be accidental, and were back at base by 8.05pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter