Ten councillors, county councillor Roy Pegram and district councillors John Eddy and Terry Rodgers attended the March 7 meeting. A presentation about the Care Network included lunch clubs; village care schemes, social car schemes – using volunteer drivers
Ten councillors, county councillor Roy Pegram and district councillors John Eddy and Terry Rodgers attended the March 7 meeting.
A presentation about the Care Network included lunch clubs; village care schemes, social car schemes - using volunteer drivers, welcome home from hospital schemes and mobile warden schemes. A charity set up 25 years ago trains and supports volunteers.
Cllr Pegram said that no taxpayer's money would be used in the construction of the guided bus route.
The clerk's report showed that Huntingdonshire District Council had agreed to £15,000 of the requested £25,000 funding for the new ball court.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Neish and Cllr Booth reported on a meeting with the Festival planners and police. Recommendations were for all day police cover with patrols through the village until 2am. Only one entrance with 'stop and search' as appropriate. The shop will be invited to co-operate. There will be extra publicity about the organisers' concerns and the rational of charging. It was agreed that the festival could go ahead under the new arrangements but recommended that a more equitable charging system be researched. The aim was to develop an event that would be enjoyed by families. It was also agreed that a carol service could be held on the Overcote Field.
Village of the Year judges will visit on May 9. Any organisations that are able to demonstrate their activities will be most welcome.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car