Parents warned to be vigilant in Godmanchester
PARENTS in Godmanchester have been warned to be vigilant after a young girl said she was grabbed by man as she played at a local playing field. The 10-year-old, who had been playing on Judith’s Field in the town, said a man hiding in the bushes grabbed her arm.
PARENTS in Godmanchester have been warned to be vigilant after a young girl said she was grabbed by man as she played at a local playing field.
The 10-year-old, who had been playing on Judith’s Field in the town, said a man hiding in the bushes grabbed her arm. Fortunately, the girl managed to break free and run away. She told an adult, who called the police. Despite a search of the area, no arrests were made.
The attack prompted St Anne’s Church of England School to write to parents and warn them following the incident, which happened at around 5pm on Wednesday last week.
A police spokesman said: “Police are investigating an incident that happened at about 5pm on Wednesday at Judith’s Field in Godmanchester in which a 10-year-old girl who was playing in the area reported she had been grabbed on the arm by a man who was in bushes. She broke free, ran away and told an adult who contacted the police. A search of the area was made but no arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
“Police are treating the incident as common assault and have increased patrols in the area.”
The man was described as white, about 5ft 8in tall and wearing all black, including a hooded top. Anyone with information is urged to call police on 0345 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio