Parents pay tribute to Colette McCulloch killed in crash on the A1
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to a woman who was killed in a collision on A1, close to St Neots on Thursday (July 28).
Colette McCulloch, 35, of the Lane, in Wyboston, was walking along the stretch of road when she was hit by HGV at about 3am.
The incident happened on the A1 between the B654 Wyboston and A428, near St Neots.
In a statement, her parents said: “Our daughter was a graduate in English Literature at the University of Sussex. As well as writing extraordinary poems and short stories, she was also a talented artist who had completed a Foundation course at Wimbledon Art College.
“She is sorely missed by her mother, father, sister, two nephews and niece.”
Anyone who saw the incident on Thursday morning is being asked to contact police on 101 and ask to speak to a member of the Road Policing Unit.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates