Parents donate funds to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in memory of their daughter
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust has received a donation of £800 for Hinchingbrooke Hospital’s Holly Ward.
The money was raised by Lauren and James Best in memory of their daughter, Mya-Louise, who died as a result of liver failure, aged 6, in June 2016.
Lauren said: “We raised £800 last November on what would have been our princess’s seventh birthday selling Christmas cards, wristbands and candles and we will be doing this as an annual event.
“The reason we raised this for Holly Ward is for the wonderful help we received not just for our princess but for our entire family unit.
“We are forever grateful for all the care and support that was given to us from all the medical and non-medical staff whenever Mya-Louise was admitted, especially around this time last year, when she was on Holly Ward for the last four weeks of her life.”
You may also want to watch:
The cheque was presented to Sandie White, the ward’s paediatric outpatient manager, by Sean Best, Mya-Louise’s brother.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'