Join Sarah on her virtual marathon challenge
- Credit: Papworth Trust
The trust came up with the idea after learning this year’s London Marathon had been postponed
The chief executive of the Papworth Trust has launched a virtual marathon challenge to raise money for charity and is inviting the public to join her.
Sarah Miller decided to take on the challenge of completing a marathon distance of 26.2 miles on her treadmill over the course of a week in April.
She will start at 10:58, which was her start time when she took part in the race in 2019.
She said: “The Papworth Trust has seen its fundraising plans devastated due to the coronavirus outbreak and that is why I am launching our marathon challenge.
You may also want to watch:
“All charities rely on the kindness and generosity of supporters and I am hoping that as many people as possible sponsor me and take on the challenge too,
“I intend to run four miles each day, plotting my course, starting on April 25 and finishing the following Saturday having completed the 26.2 miles.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
“It may sound tempered and not a huge challenge.
“However I haven’t run since last April, so it is going to be a huge shock to my system!”
To sponsor Sarah or find out more about how you can take on the challenge, visit: www.justgiving.com/campaign/SarahMiller