Papworth store falls victim to ram-raid
RAM-RAIDERS have smashed into a Papworth convenience store and stolen a cash machine this morning (Friday).
The offenders stole a Land Rover Discovery in Cambridge before crashing it into the Nisa store, in Ermine Street at 12.50am. They loaded the ATM into another vehicle, believed to be a green Subaru Forrester.
The four men left the Land Rover outside the shop and dumped the Subaru, and the ATM, in Pyrecroft, Lower Cambourne.
Detective Inspector Ian Simmons said: “I would urge anyone who saw either of these vehicles prior to the raid, or the Subaru afterwards, to call police.
“I would also like to reassure local residents I have a team of officers investigating this incident and CCTV is being reviewed to try and find the offenders who did this.
You may also want to watch:
“Forensic examinations are taking place at the store and on the vehicles, but I am keen to hear from anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area leading up to the incident.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call DI Simmons on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed