Hospital’s booking system disrupted following flood
- Credit: Archant
People hoping to book appointments at Royal Papworth Hospital today (Tuesday) have faced disruption after the trust that runs the facility was forced to relocate some of its staff.
A collapsed sewer caused flooding near Royal Papworth House, on the Ermine Business Park, in Huntingdon, which is home to the hospital's appointments team.
As a result, the Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust said it would be transporting members of the team to the hospital site, in Cambridge, with disruption to the appointment system as a result.
One man, who asked to remain anonymous, told the Hunts Post he had been trying to call for several hours and only found out about the problem at Papworth when he called Addenbrooke's Hospital to see what was going on.
He said: "I was trying to call on behalf of a relative but in the end I called the Addenbrooke's site and they said 'yes, there are problems'. I think there is a lot of frustration. Papworth is a national hospital so it is a concern."
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the hospital trust said: "Following a collapsed sewer near to our building in Huntingdon, there had been localised flooding in some areas of our office. "As a safety procedure, we are moving our appointments team to Royal Papworth Hospital - this has led to a temporary interruption in our booking system.
"This will be back up and running later this afternoon once staff have arrived in Cambridge.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
"We would like to reassure our patients that this incident is not the impacting on the operational functions of the hospital on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus and we are doing everything we can to ensure the appointment system is operational as soon as possible."