Pandora in Huntingdon has closed down
- Credit: Archant
Pandora, the jewellery shop, has closed down on Huntingdon High Street.
From the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic, the town’s High Street has lost several businesses, including Clinton Cards and Alex’s Café.
Sue Wing, Manager of BID Huntingdon, feels that the closure of some businesses is unavoidable at this time.
Sue said: “We don’t want to lose any businesses within Huntingdon, but it is the times that we are in.
“If companies are restructuring their business, then there is going to be some that will fall by the wayside.
“I think that is unavoidable at the moment, I think that is what we have to get over that there are some going to be some losses and some of the major chains, the nationals they are looking at restructuring their business."
People took to social media to express their sadness on the news, within the ‘We Live on the Oxmoor’ Facebook page, one person wrote: “I am soo disappointed in this. How depressing.”
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 4 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 9 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 10 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
Another wrote: “What a shame, another one gone.”