Pampered pooches strut their stuff at St Ives Dog Show
- Credit: Archant
Pampered pooches, delightful dogs and clever canines were all showcased in a fantastic display earlier this month.
Organised by Lizzie Rogers, owner of Canine Central, the St Ives Dog Show was the first of its kind for many years in the town.
“I am in contact with so many dogs and owners with my business and quite wanted to put on a dog show, I then realised that there wasn’t one in St Ives so I thought I would set one up,” said Lizzie.
Throughout the day dozens of dogs took part in an array of classes including best pedigree and best cross breed.
“It was a really good day even though it was raining people enjoyed it. Following the day I am hoping to run the show every year from now on,” added Lizzie.
You may also want to watch:
The day was finished off with the best in show category which was won by a whippet called Diesel.
The event raised £360 which will go towards the funding of a new community centre at the Old Bridge Church.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan