Outstanding rating for ‘expert’ team at day nursery
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a St Neots-based nursery are celebrating after Ofsted inspectors gave them an outstanding rating.
Leadership at the nursery, which is based at Longsands Academy, was described as “exemplary” and inspectors noted that “partnerships with parents are extremely strong”.
“The extremely sharp focus to inspire and support staff combined with the rigorous review and monitoring of every aspect of the provision significantly contributes to the outstanding level of care and education they provide,” the report stated.
“Children greatly benefit from this and gain excellent skills to help prepare them for their future learning.’”
Staff were singled out for praise for using their “expert knowledge” to provide and adapt “superb learning experiences” which were said to engage, motivate and enthuse children to explore.
You may also want to watch:
Examples of good practice included building stimulating learning spaces to support children’s physical development and problem-solving skills.
Nursery manager, Donna Fraser said: “As a team we have worked extremely hard to achieve this grading, and we are very pleased that our efforts have paid off.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 8 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Inspectors also noted that “staff actively encourage parents to support children’s learning at home”.
The inspection report added: “Parents are highly positive about the staff. They said they are very well informed about their child’s progress and form close relationships with staff and thoroughly enjoy their time in the nursery.”
Kirsty Love, compliance, care and education manager for the Sunhill Daycare (Europe) Group, which has day nurseries across Cambridgeshire as well as neighbouring counties, said: “We are very proud of the team at Apricot to have received an outstanding rating.
“Last May our Apricot Preschool at Priory Park Infant School was judged outstanding, now both of our St Neots sites hold putstanding Ofsted judgements. This is the second time our nursery at Longsands Academy has been awarded this judgement, for which are delighted.”