Outrage at second lead theft at Ramsey church
THIEVES have targeted a church in Ramsey for a second time in just a month.
Raiders stole �200 worth of lead from the Church of the Sacred Heart in Newtown Road sometime between March 1 and March 11.
The culprits climbed on top of the roof of the front porch and stole lead flashing from one side, just weeks after lead was stolen from the other side of the porch.
Sergeant David Savill, of Ramsey Police Station said: “These are appalling crimes committed against a vulnerable building which cause considerable incovenience and expense.
“I would like to hear from anyone with any information and would urge anyone who lives near a vulnerable building to report any suspicious behaviour to police. If a crime is in progress people should not hesitate to call 999.”
Anyone with information should call Sgt Savill on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 5 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 6 Could you give these pets a home?
- 7 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 8 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 9 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 10 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years