Organisers say this year’s Riverside Gala will be ‘better than ever’
- Credit: Archant
There’ll be plenty on offer at this year’s Huntingdon Riverside Gala – including some attractions that will be appearing at the event for the first time.
New for this year’s gala, which takes place on Saturday, June 4, will be miniature steam train rides, storytelling with Frozen princesses Anna and Elsa, and a ‘fastest sausage snaffle’ race for dogs.
The event is running from 11am-5pm and takes place in Huntingdon’s Riverside Park.
Organisers have promised this year’s gala, the ninth, will be the biggest yet, with more than 50 stalls, a host of fun and games, and competitions to boot.
Malcolm Lyons, one of the event organisers, said: “We’ve built the event up quite a bit since it was launched and there will be plenty on offer this year, more than ever in fact.”
Wood Green Animal Shelter is hosting its annual dog show at midday and they’ll be looking for the fastest sausage snaffle, waggiest tail, best biscuit catcher, judges favourite trick and best six legs.
Other attractions include live music, face painting, ice creams, fairground rides and a variety of exhibitors, including Tescp, Luminus, the Papworth Trust, Shakespeare at the George, ABC Boxing, and Grafham Lions. There is scheduled to be an RAF fly-past at about 2.10pm, too.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
The event is free to attend. To find out more, follow the gala on Facebook or on Twitter @huntingdongala.
Anyone who would like to get involved with the running of the event can contact Mr Lyons on 01480 454801 or Rhiannon Sarginson on 07966 371115.