Organisers say this year’s Riverside Gala will be ‘better than ever’
- Credit: Archant
There’ll be plenty on offer at this year’s Huntingdon Riverside Gala – including some attractions that will be appearing at the event for the first time.
New for this year’s gala, which takes place on Saturday, June 4, will be miniature steam train rides, storytelling with Frozen princesses Anna and Elsa, and a ‘fastest sausage snaffle’ race for dogs.
The event is running from 11am-5pm and takes place in Huntingdon’s Riverside Park.
Organisers have promised this year’s gala, the ninth, will be the biggest yet, with more than 50 stalls, a host of fun and games, and competitions to boot.
Malcolm Lyons, one of the event organisers, said: “We’ve built the event up quite a bit since it was launched and there will be plenty on offer this year, more than ever in fact.”
You may also want to watch:
Wood Green Animal Shelter is hosting its annual dog show at midday and they’ll be looking for the fastest sausage snaffle, waggiest tail, best biscuit catcher, judges favourite trick and best six legs.
Other attractions include live music, face painting, ice creams, fairground rides and a variety of exhibitors, including Tescp, Luminus, the Papworth Trust, Shakespeare at the George, ABC Boxing, and Grafham Lions. There is scheduled to be an RAF fly-past at about 2.10pm, too.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The event is free to attend. To find out more, follow the gala on Facebook or on Twitter @huntingdongala.
Anyone who would like to get involved with the running of the event can contact Mr Lyons on 01480 454801 or Rhiannon Sarginson on 07966 371115.