Organisers of St Ives Carnival make appeal for volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of the St Ives Carnival and Music Festival are calling for volunteers to take part in its annual parade.
The event, which will be held on July 8 and 9 at Hill Rise Park, will start with its annual parade before the event’s first hosting of Proms in the Park with the Huntingdon Concert Band.
A firework finale is also promised, and the popular music festival returns on Sunday running from noon till 9pm – an hour longer than last year.
As well as volunteers for the event, organisers are keen to bring more representation to the parade, and people from all faith and religious groups, schools, community groups, and businesses are encouraged to sign up.
Organisers are also willing people to think outside the box when it comes to parade transport, and, if they can, go without the use of a truck.
You may also want to watch:
The festival is free to attend and is supported by donations, grants and sponsorship.
To get involved, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident