Operations at Hinchingbrooke Hospital postponed due to pressure on NHS
- Credit: Archant
The trust in charge of Hinchingbrooke Hospital is having to cancel operations due to the strain on services.
The chief executive of the North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust, which runs the hospital, has said that due to the immense pressure that staff are facing, they are having to delay non-urgent elective operations.
Stephen Graves said: “Following the recommendations from NHS England to try and reduce emergency pressures at our hospitals, we are doing everything we can to ensure that our sickest patients are provided with great quality care, quickly, during this time.
“Our staff have been under huge pressure at Peterborough City Hospital, Hinchingbrooke Hospital and Stamford Hospital and have gone above and beyond the call of duty and pulled together to support each other.
Mr Graves added: “Unfortunately the current pressures that we are experiencing in our hospitals have resulted in the need to cancel some non-urgent elective operations, in line with national recommendations, to ensure that we have the beds available for emergency care.”
Officials at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, in Huntingdon, are in the process of contacting those affected to rearrange their surgery.
Mr Graves said: “We really appreciate the support that we have received and would like to thank the public for their understanding during what has been an incredibly busy period.
- 1 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 4 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 5 New parklet opens in St Ives
- 6 Ancient relics from Iron Age discovered during road upgrade
- 7 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 10 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
“Please can you continue to support us by using the most appropriate treatment available. Consider pharmacies, the NHS 111 phone service, the local minor injuries units and only use emergency departments in the event of an emergency.”