Open Sesame for Ramsey Pre-School thanks to new door
CHILDREN at Ramsey Pre-School Playgroup were all smiles after they were given a new door by Ramsey Glass following an appeal in The Hunts Post.
Playgroup staff asked for volunteers and money to help carry out basic renovation work at their Station Road base.
Their plight was noted by Ramsey mayor Pat Taylor and, when the winner of the mayor’s raffle in aid of East Anglia Air Ambulance passed over the chance to have the �300 door, the playgroup sprang to mind.
Mrs Taylor said: “They are not a privately-run nursery, they are run by members.
“I contacted Ramsey Glass to see if they could help out. It means we have been able to help two worthy causes, the playgroup and the air ambulance.”
Ramsey Glass director Collette Parker said: “We are very pleased to help those in need.”
n From left, pre-school supervisor Pat Morgan, Ramsey Mayor Pat Taylor, and Collette Parker and Darren Fuller of Ramsey Glass.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 4 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 5 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 6 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 7 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 8 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 9 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 10 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
Picture: HELEN DRAKE 0411HD6357