Open Sesame for Ramsey Pre-School thanks to new door
CHILDREN at Ramsey Pre-School Playgroup were all smiles after they were given a new door by Ramsey Glass following an appeal in The Hunts Post.
Playgroup staff asked for volunteers and money to help carry out basic renovation work at their Station Road base.
Their plight was noted by Ramsey mayor Pat Taylor and, when the winner of the mayor’s raffle in aid of East Anglia Air Ambulance passed over the chance to have the �300 door, the playgroup sprang to mind.
Mrs Taylor said: “They are not a privately-run nursery, they are run by members.
“I contacted Ramsey Glass to see if they could help out. It means we have been able to help two worthy causes, the playgroup and the air ambulance.”
Ramsey Glass director Collette Parker said: “We are very pleased to help those in need.”
n From left, pre-school supervisor Pat Morgan, Ramsey Mayor Pat Taylor, and Collette Parker and Darren Fuller of Ramsey Glass.
- 1 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 2 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 5 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 Martial Arts group praised by mayor after winning trophies national competition
Picture: HELEN DRAKE 0411HD6357