Open Sesame for Ramsey Pre-School thanks to new door
CHILDREN at Ramsey Pre-School Playgroup were all smiles after they were given a new door by Ramsey Glass following an appeal in The Hunts Post.
Playgroup staff asked for volunteers and money to help carry out basic renovation work at their Station Road base.
Their plight was noted by Ramsey mayor Pat Taylor and, when the winner of the mayor’s raffle in aid of East Anglia Air Ambulance passed over the chance to have the �300 door, the playgroup sprang to mind.
Mrs Taylor said: “They are not a privately-run nursery, they are run by members.
“I contacted Ramsey Glass to see if they could help out. It means we have been able to help two worthy causes, the playgroup and the air ambulance.”
You may also want to watch:
Ramsey Glass director Collette Parker said: “We are very pleased to help those in need.”
n From left, pre-school supervisor Pat Morgan, Ramsey Mayor Pat Taylor, and Collette Parker and Darren Fuller of Ramsey Glass.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 3 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 4 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 5 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 6 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space
Picture: HELEN DRAKE 0411HD6357