10 pubs in Huntingdon, St Neots and St Ives for real ale
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Got a taste for freshly poured real ale straight from the cask? Head to one of these great pubs to near Huntingdon, St Neots and St Ives to quench your thirst.
The Old Bridge Hotel
An 18th century inn in the heart of the town and on the banks of the River Great Ouse, complete with a patio and garden. Offers a full dining menu and has three real ales on tap, 15 wines by the glass and a cocktail menu that changes quarterly. Also has a wine shop.
Hare on the Green
A family-friendly free house with a kitchen, craft beer, a gin collection and a rotation of local ale on tap. Likes to support local distilleries and breweries such as Roundwood Gin, Grafham Brewing Company and Digfield.
A family run free house offering with three real ales on tap. The kitchen serves up traditional pub food using locally sourced ingredients when possible.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
Slepe Hall Hotel
A boutique family run hotel with a bar and restaurant and large garden. The menu offers mains, bar snacks and afternoon tea. The well-stocked bar has an extensive wine list, as well as guest real ales.
As part of the Weatherspoon chain, this former post office is a no-frills, cheap and cheerful option that has outside seating. During WWII the building was used as a telephone exchange.
St Neot’s first micro-pub offers an extensive range of craft beers and real ales, and is a good place to go to try something new.
Great North Road Eaton Socon St Neots PE19 7DB.A dog-friendly pub and restaurant with accommodation and a large sunny patio that is stylish yet casual. Serves lunch, dinner and a Sunday menu. George & Dragon 267 Great North Road Eaton Socon St Neots PE19 8BL.
A modern pub with a traditional feel in an 18th century Georgian building. Serves breakfast lunch and dinner, and screens live sports.
A large, dog-friendly Grade II listed watermill set on the River Great Ouse and on a small marina, with plenty of outside seating to soak up the surroundings. It has several bars, a restaurant room and a viewing deck. Punters can order from the full dining menu, wherever they sit.
A 17th century thatched family-friendly pub with a lovely beer garden out back. Head to the website to find maps to three different country walks you can take that take you to the pub the long way round.