One Leisure fitness centres across Hunts have reopened
- Credit: ONE LEISURE
One Leisure sites across Huntingdonshire have reopened their doors.
The team that operates centres in St Neots, Huntingdon, Ramsey and St Ives say they have worked closely will Government, Public Health England and industry body guidelines to provide safe and clean facilities.
Paul France, business and operations manager at One Leisure, said: “It’s a wonderful feeling for all involved to finally be able to welcome back customers and people new to fitness, looking to improve their general wellbeing.
There’s one thing we’ve all learned in the last year… how important it is to look after yourself. Both physically and mentally. That’s why everyone at One Leisure is so pleased to be able to support everyone into a healthier place for body and mind.”
The centres provide gym, swimming, indoor cycling and sports facilities, including badminton, short tennis, squash and table tennis.
Paul continued: “Whether you’ve maintained activity levels, taken on a new challenge or have found yourself in a position where activity has not been possible throughout lockdown, we have a variety of ways to get you into a healthier place.
“Now really is the time to focus on you, and what better time than when you can get the support from trained professionals at One Leisure.”
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 4 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 5 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 6 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 7 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 8 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
- 9 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 10 A charity football match involving a mixed Polish and Ukrainian team aims to raise funds for Ukraine
Fitness classes will continue to be held outdoors, until they are permitted indoors as part of phase three of the Government’s Roadmap on lifting restrictions across England, expected no earlier than May 17.
Daniel Gammons, group fitness manager said: “If you’ve missed the opportunity of exercising with others, our outdoor fitness classes are great way to get moving and get active. Exercising with others is a great way to stay motivated and we’re proud to offer safe facilities that will allow you to do that.
One Leisure has a range of membership options to suit all, from activity-based memberships to full access, plus customers can attend on a pay-as-you-go basis. For full details see the One Leisure website www.oneleisure.net.
Restrictions will apply on some activities and full details can be found online. One Leisure has leisure centres in all market towns in Huntingdonshire.