Join the Just One Bottle campaign and help the planet
- Credit: MARTIN COOPER
People in Cambridgeshire are being encouraged to fill 'just one bottle' in a new campaign that aims to battle climate change.
The national scheme hopes to encourage people to do their bit for the environment by refilling just one bottle they already have - rather than buying a new one, reducing the use of plastic in the process.
Refill shops across the country, including The Refill Shop of Ikigai in St Ives, are trying to help people shop more sustainability, save money and have a positive impact on the planet.
Martin Cooper, owner of the St Ives shop said: "Our aim is to encourage people who want to do their bit to help reduce plastic waste to start simply by just refilling one bottle.
"If each person over the age of 16 in St Ives did this with just one bottle, that would be almost 15,000 bottles saved.
"Whether it is refilling washing up liquid, shampoo or olive oil, we are encouraging people to just have a go!"
Martin added: "It's easy to feel helpless when it comes to fighting climate change, but this campaign empowers everyone who has an empty bottle to make a change, and a difference to our planet."
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 5 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 6 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
For further details on the campaign, search #JustOneBottle on social media.