Offords’ Big Green Fun Day and Dog Show draws the crowds
- Credit: Archant
FAMILIES and dog owners gathered for a fun day and dog show at the Offords Millennium Green, Offord D’Arcy last weekend.
Attractions at the Big Green Fun Day and Dog Show included bush craft demonstrations, an art competition judged by Huntingdonshire District Council chairman Cllr Barbara Boddington and a dog agility course run by Woof Welfare of Peterborough.
Alongside the main dog show there were also trade and food stalls for visitors to browse. Around 100 people attended throughout the day.
The organisers raised just over £130 towards achieving local nature reserve status for the green.
The green is run and maintained by the Offord Millennium Green Trust, a registered charity made up of unpaid volunteers who work to raise funds to improve the area through a calendar of events including a music festival and a fireworks display.
You may also want to watch:
Dee Stanford, trustee secretary of Offord Millennium Green Trust, said: “It went very well – it was a really nice community event that brought dog walkers together for the village.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry