Offord villagers create spectacular tree festival
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people visited the Christmas tree festival in Offord Cluny to marvel at the magical display of trees decorated by a host of groups and parishioners.
The festival was held at All Saints Church, in High Street, to as a part of the church’s 800-year anniversary.
Young and old wrapped up warm and beamed with joy after viewing the assortment of trees decorated with baubles and Christmas ornaments – some of them handmade.
Clubs, businesses and associations including the parish council all got involved in entering a tree for the festive event.
To the delight of the visitors one was even made out books with others sticking a traditional tree.
You may also want to watch:
Father Christmas also visited the display and welcomed children into his workshop to tell him want they were hoping for Christmas.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity