Offord dog lover secures best ever crufts with her dalmations
- Credit: onEdition
A DOG owner was delighted after three dalmatians from the same litter scooped top awards at Crufts.
Jenny Alexander, of Offord Cluny, celebrated her most successful show to date, which included a Best of Breed award for two-year-old Mr Darcy.
The Champion Offordale Chevalier, named with Colin Firth in mind, caught the eye of judge Lady MacDonald of Sleat who awarded him a Challenge Certificate. He also finished fourth in the Utility Best in Group voting.
Mrs Alexander, 56, who was at the show in Birmingham on Friday and Saturday (March 8 and 9), said: “Darcy has got that x-factor. He loves to show. It was a fantastic day.”
Along with Mr Darcy, his sisters Delilah, an Offordale Catalina, and Champion Offordale Sapphire, Holly, won their class. Delilah also received a Challenge Certificate while Holly won a Reserve Challenge Certificate.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, Holly was also crowned Pets As Therapy Hi Life Show Dog of the Year, winning £200 and a trophy.
Mrs Alexander, who has five Dalmatians, added: “They are just lovely, fabulous family pets.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Meanwhile, Michelle Longman, of Abbots Ripton, was also celebrating after her one-year-old Hamiltonstovare, Roland, won a Best of Breed Award.
She said: “Roland is a third generation winner of best of breed so I am really pleased for him. Winning at Crufts is always nice and although you come every year it is always a special occasion.”