Offord dog lover secures best ever crufts with her dalmations
- Credit: onEdition
A DOG owner was delighted after three dalmatians from the same litter scooped top awards at Crufts.
Jenny Alexander, of Offord Cluny, celebrated her most successful show to date, which included a Best of Breed award for two-year-old Mr Darcy.
The Champion Offordale Chevalier, named with Colin Firth in mind, caught the eye of judge Lady MacDonald of Sleat who awarded him a Challenge Certificate. He also finished fourth in the Utility Best in Group voting.
Mrs Alexander, 56, who was at the show in Birmingham on Friday and Saturday (March 8 and 9), said: “Darcy has got that x-factor. He loves to show. It was a fantastic day.”
Along with Mr Darcy, his sisters Delilah, an Offordale Catalina, and Champion Offordale Sapphire, Holly, won their class. Delilah also received a Challenge Certificate while Holly won a Reserve Challenge Certificate.
On Saturday, Holly was also crowned Pets As Therapy Hi Life Show Dog of the Year, winning £200 and a trophy.
Mrs Alexander, who has five Dalmatians, added: “They are just lovely, fabulous family pets.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
Meanwhile, Michelle Longman, of Abbots Ripton, was also celebrating after her one-year-old Hamiltonstovare, Roland, won a Best of Breed Award.
She said: “Roland is a third generation winner of best of breed so I am really pleased for him. Winning at Crufts is always nice and although you come every year it is always a special occasion.”