Officers condemn yobs who threw bottles at cars in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
YOBS in St Neots have been throwing bottles at cars on a busy road.
A 67-year-old woman was travelling along the southbound carriageway of the A428 with her 16-year-old granddaughter in her Volkwagen Polo towards the Barford Road roundabout at 8.30pm on Tuesday (September 3) when a bottle struck her windscreen, causing half of it to shatter.
Fifteen minutes later a 22-year-old woman was driving her Ford Fiesta along the same stretch of road when she heard a smashing sound. When she stopped, she noticed damaged to her windscreen, also caused by a bottle.
Pc Craig Wheeler said: “Throwing objects at vehicles is very dangerous and puts lives at risk.
“The drivers were left extremely shaken and not seriously hurt but it could have been a lot worse.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to anyone who knows who is responsible to contact police.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages