Officer to face misconduct hearing after allegedly saying black people from London are all “lying b********”
- Credit: Archant
A Cambridgeshire police officer is to face a disciplinary panel after allegedly saying all black people who come from London are “lying b********”
PC Rodger White is said to have made the remarks during a shift with the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit on November 15, last year.
According to documents released ahead of the hearing, which will begin on October 31, PC White made the remarks while taking a refreshment break with colleagues at an A14 service station in Brampton.
The documents state: “It is alleged that whilst on duty with the road policing team, you were taking a refreshment break at the Brampton Hut Services with your colleagues and, whilst discussing the stop of an uninsured driver that you had conducted earlier on the shift, made a comment to the effect that: ‘At the end of the day if they are black and from London I will fingerprint them, as you know what they are like, all lying bastards.’”
If the charges are found proved, PC White could face dismissal from the constabulary.
You may also want to watch:
The documents said: “It is alleged that this matter amounts to gross misconduct, namely a breach of the standards of professional behaviour that, if proved, is so serious that your dismissal would be justified and that the officer has breached the standards of professional behaviour and in particular the standings relating to equality and diversity.”
The allegations will be heard in public in The Oakley Suite, Wyboston Lakes Conference Centre, in Great North Road, Wyboston.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity