OBE for Le Mark's Stuart Gibbons
- Credit: Hunts Post
Stuart Gibbons from the Le Mark Group was awarded an OBE for Services to International Trade in the Queens 2021 Honors List.
Mr Gibbons said people often ask him why he started a business like Le Mark and he says: “It's a really simple answer, necessity.
"It all happened very fast, from being a part of a business family to going solo happened within one week!
“However aged 29, anything was possible and I saw it as an opportunity to not only provide for my family, but to test and unlock a new entrepreneurial part of me.”
Thirty-four years later he says: “Le Mark is still growing, evolving and as an entity is something far more than I ever anticipated.
You may also want to watch:
"It has its own family, regional and
political voice, plus a unique sense of social awareness.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space
“As a manufacturer and supplier, it has been an integral part of many national and global events.
"It has a wonderful group of committed sales partners and suppliers on all continents.
"It has grown from being ‘just’ a business, it is now an entity in its own right and continues to exceeded even my wildest dreams”.