OBE for Le Mark's Stuart Gibbons
- Credit: Hunts Post
Stuart Gibbons from the Le Mark Group was awarded an OBE for Services to International Trade in the Queens 2021 Honors List.
Mr Gibbons said people often ask him why he started a business like Le Mark and he says: “It's a really simple answer, necessity.
"It all happened very fast, from being a part of a business family to going solo happened within one week!
“However aged 29, anything was possible and I saw it as an opportunity to not only provide for my family, but to test and unlock a new entrepreneurial part of me.”
Thirty-four years later he says: “Le Mark is still growing, evolving and as an entity is something far more than I ever anticipated.
"It has its own family, regional and
political voice, plus a unique sense of social awareness.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 4 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 5 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 6 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 7 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 8 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 9 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 10 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
“As a manufacturer and supplier, it has been an integral part of many national and global events.
"It has a wonderful group of committed sales partners and suppliers on all continents.
"It has grown from being ‘just’ a business, it is now an entity in its own right and continues to exceeded even my wildest dreams”.