OBE for Le Mark's Stuart Gibbons
- Credit: Hunts Post
Stuart Gibbons from the Le Mark Group was awarded an OBE for Services to International Trade in the Queens 2021 Honors List.
Mr Gibbons said people often ask him why he started a business like Le Mark and he says: “It's a really simple answer, necessity.
"It all happened very fast, from being a part of a business family to going solo happened within one week!
“However aged 29, anything was possible and I saw it as an opportunity to not only provide for my family, but to test and unlock a new entrepreneurial part of me.”
Thirty-four years later he says: “Le Mark is still growing, evolving and as an entity is something far more than I ever anticipated.
"It has its own family, regional and
political voice, plus a unique sense of social awareness.
- 1 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 2 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 5 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 Martial Arts group praised by mayor after winning trophies national competition
“As a manufacturer and supplier, it has been an integral part of many national and global events.
"It has a wonderful group of committed sales partners and suppliers on all continents.
"It has grown from being ‘just’ a business, it is now an entity in its own right and continues to exceeded even my wildest dreams”.