Nursery in St Ives sees Ofsted rating reach new heights
- Credit: Archant
A St Ives nursery has received an outstanding rating from Oftsed.
Inspectors visited Roundabout Nursery, in Compass Point Business Park, on March 6, and gave all three sections – its early years provision, the contribution of the early years to wellbeing of children and the effectiveness of the leadership and management – the highest rating.
The report, by Julia Sudbury, said: “Excellent foundations are laid for children’s future learning as their personal, social, physical and communication skills are prioritised.
“A rich, stimulating and imaginative learning environment is provided across the nursery.”
Glen Perrott, director of HRH Nurseries, which also has early years sites in Brampton and Cambridge, said: “The nursery is celebrating its 10th birthday with an outstanding Ofsted.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s not easy to get an outstanding but we have a good team of staff and we are driven by quality and care and it’s all to do with putting children at the centre of everything we do.”
The company opened its Brampton branch after being “thrown out” of Hinchingbrooke Hospital, where they had been for nearly 20 years, said Mrs Perrott. Its branches now have two outstanding ratings and one good.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages