Number of coronavirus cases in Cambridgeshire has increased
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Public Health England have confirmed that the number of postive cases in the UK have risen to 1,543.
The number of confirmed cases in Cambridgeshire has increased, with 12 people in the county testing positive for Covid-19.
As of Tuesday (March 17) at 8:50am there has been 12 confirmed cases in the region.
Public Health England provided their last update yesterday morning (Monday) , as the total UK deaths reached 55.
The news comes after the Prime Minister Boris Johnson outlined the next steps in the UK’s plan to fight the virus at the first series of daily news conferences yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
At the conference , Mr Johnson told members of the public to avoid pubs, restaurants and non-essential travel but schools will stay open.
To get the latest coronavirus updates in Cambridgeshire join our Facebook group.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer